RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

3/26/2006

LSU BASKETBALL

LSU BASKETBALL

There's a coach in the elite eight of the NCAA Basketball Tournament that's different from the rest. I think John Brady of LSU is a guy I could like. He's over 50 - balding - unassuming. He sits on the bench and gives directions with a wink or head jerk or a small hand gesture. While his opponents pace up and down the sidelines and try to control their players like a symphony conductor, John sits and smiles or winces. Guys who do that are satisfied that they've done a good job in game preparation. Guys like Brady let the players play. I don't know him but I bet he's tough inside. He played college ball at a small school no one heard of outside of Mississippi. He worked his way up through coaching at small schools. He appreciates where he is and what he has. Good luck to the guy I never heard of-good luck to the coach hard to find on his own sideline.

No comments: