RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/11/2006

MUSIC

MUSIC

I'm being reborn in music. At my age, can you believe it? It's the iPOD that's done it. Even I'm amazed. This is probably no big deal to all you audiophyles but it is to me. I guess its just part of the "don't act your age" syndrome that I'm going through. I don't know.

Anyway, here are some new revelations for me and maybe for you.

1) An alternative band that's pretty good is Gin Blossoms.

2) The most startling misconception I had concerned John Legend's music.

3) After you listen to heavy metal for a while, everything else seems so weak. I love it.

4) When you try to put a date on classic rock songs, its amazing how far back they go. The Rolling Stones first recorded Satisfaction in 1965.

5) The Goo Goo Dolls aren't ... but they sound pretty good.

No comments: