RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/19/2006

RITUALS

RITUALS

I performed my annual Father's Day ritual yesterday. I played golf with my son. We played with two of his friends, Jay and Toby. They are at opposite ends of the golf spectrum but the same end of the good guy spectrum. It was a lot of fun and except for a blister here and there, several bug bites, a mild sunburn, a raw spot between my butt cheeks and some sore muscles, I finished without incident. Thank God!

I used to delude myself into thinking I was near good at that game. That was back when I played a lot. The people I played with regularly weren't very good. Everything is relative.

Now that I play very little, I can see that my game really hasn't suffered that much. Sad, isn't it.? At least I'm mature enough now to admit I'm not very good. It's about damn time I matured.

No comments: