RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/16/2006

UNDERWEAR

UNDERWEAR

When I was young, my mother told me to always have on good clean underwear in case I had to go to the hospital. When I was older, I wore good clean underwear in case some young lady wanted to catch me with my pants down. Now that I'm really old, I wonder why I should wear underwear at all.

The only good reasons I can think of are these: 1.) Most trousers are a little rough on the inside with seams and zippers and such - this might be tough to take. 2.) Underwear is a sacrificial material to protect a more expensive item. If you brown streak your underwear, you could be out five dollars. If you brown streak your trousers, you could be out thirty five dollars.

This being said, any time I'm wearing soft on the inside pants or pants not worth much more than a pair of underwear, I'm going commando! BEWARE!

No comments: