RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

3/25/2008

GRITS

Hominy grits is a food of the southern USA made from corn and served mainly at breakfast. If you put sugar, cinnamon and honey on it; it tastes a little like sugar, cinnamon and honey. If you like the taste of it, eat it. If you don't don't.



Your body is real smart. It knows what it likes and it knows what it needs. If it tastes bad, don't eat it. If it tastes really good, go ahead and get fat. You can be sure it is loaded with sugar or your body knows how to change it into sugar.



Granted, some foods you have to "acquire a taste for"...like scotch whiskey, for instance. Scotch doesn't taste so great the first time you try it. But, you can tell by the look of it, it going to be good. So I've kept at it. I like to go by looks. Grits looks like nothing to me. Grits tastes like nothing to me. Other foods that you may have to acquire a taste for, do not look so good. Little green or white vegetables that remind me of weeds in the garden do not look good to me. I'm sure you have to acquire a taste for them but, because of their looks, I'm never going to do it. I'm too old to start acquiring new tastes now.

No comments: