RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/11/2010

LE TOUR

The Tour de France is in full swing again and again I am enthralled with it. I've watched each of the seven stages so far. A stage lasts about 2-1/2 hours, so I've made quite a commitment. You can watch it on Versus, if you get that channel. They replay each stage several times during the day. The live telecast starts between 7:30 and 8:30 Eastern time. Not only is there great racing but stunning scenery in the French countryside.

The race entered the Alps, yesterday, so the climbers are now in charge. Today and Tuesday, stages 8 and 9, will have a huge effect on who will be the overall winner when the 20 stages are completed on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.

Bicycle racing is a fascinating team sport. There is a lot to learn. It has taken me years to get a real feel for it. I just love it.
:o)

No comments: