RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/07/2010

CHEAP

A week ago, I wrote (or joked) about how cheap I can be. Sunday, I saw an article about how really cheap (or smart) really rich people can be. I think it's a good lesson for us all.

Billionaire Warren Buffet lives in the five bedroom home in Omaha that he bought in 1957 for $31,500. That is the same price as I paid for the home I have lived in for 38 years.

Billionaire Carlos Slim Helu (telecom tycoon) has lived in the same home for 40 years.

Billionaires John Caudwell (mobile phone mogul) and David Cheriton (Google stock) cut their own hair at home.

Billionaire Jim Walton (Walmart) drives a 15-year-old pick up truck. Ingvar Kamprad (Ikea) drives a 10-year-old Volvo.

The next time you want to spend a bunch of money on a non-necessity, think about this.

:-)

No comments: