RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/31/2011

AGONY OF DA' FEET

You might be tired of hearing about my feet but they're on my mind every day.  Anyway, the Achilles tendinitis is cured.  The hunk of whatever-it-is is still stuck in my Achilles tendon.  It still aches when I first get up from sitting for a while.  It still jumps up and bites me every once-in-a-while when I'm walking at a good pace.  I've been on a charge to get back into shape and it has not gone real well.  I've walked three miles six of seven days for the past three weeks.  I walked four miles last Sunday.  I've only jogged a very little.  Here's the rub.  I'm getting pains in other places...chin splints in my right leg, stiffness on the inside of the left thigh and pain in the right hip.  You body will naturally try to avoid pain.  I'm thinking that my gate has changed because of the problem in my right foot.  This, I assume, is causing the pains in other places in my legs.  I'm going to try some rest in between walks and see if that helps.  If all else fails, I might try a doctor again.  I'm open to any suggestions.
:-)

No comments: