RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/02/2011

HISTORY

Two amazing things happened last Sunday.  I finished painting my garage and it looks awesome...well, pretty good, anyway.  It's all white.  I used four different types of paint that I found laying around the house, old brushes and rollers I've had for more than twenty years, and didn't buy anything new.  If you look closely, you can tell...but who looks closely at a garage?  I'm pleased. 

The other amazing thing was our softball game.  We finished the season 6th out of 8 teams.  In the first round of the one-and-out tourney, we had to play the 3rd place team who had beaten us handily during the regular season.  We were two runs down with two outs in the top of the last inning when their shortstop booted a hard grounder.  We went on to score eight runs that inning and win by five.  I had only one hit in four at bats.  I pitched the first five innings but just couldn't put the ball where I wanted it.  I asked out and played the last two innings at second base.  Naturally I had four chances in those two innings and luckily handled all of them.  Next Friday, we're back at it playing the second place team.

:-)

No comments: