RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/07/2012

FASHION

Did you see the PGA golf tournament on NBC this weekend?  It was an interesting tournament that included a peculiar fashion statement.  The Wells Fargo Championship at the Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte, NC had three golfers tied after 72 holes; D.A. Points, Rory McIroy and Rickie Fowler.  They went into "sudden death" playoff and young Rickie Fowler got his first U.S. win at the age of 23.  If you're familiar with Rickie and since I've titled this note "Fashion", you are probably thinking I'm going to remark about the orange outfit he wears every Sunday.  Not so!  What I wanted to point out was that all three of the young golfers in the playoff were wearing white belts.  Don't tell me they're making a comeback.  I used to have a white belt in 1972.  I think I wore it with my powder blue leisure suit.  I don't remember having white patten leather shoes to go with it, though.  I suppose I wore my white bucks.  Maybe that is it.  These guys are just trying to match their belts to the white golf shoes.  In any case, I have a birthday coming up.  If this is really the coming fad, it would be the perfect time to keep me up to date with the latest fashions.  Just saying...
:-)

No comments: