RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/06/2012

THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME

As a 5th grader, I played on my elementary school's football team.  There was only one team, made up mostly of 7th and 8th graders.   We played against the other seven elementary schools in Norwood; there were three Catholic schools and five public schools.  Marty Kramer and myself were the only 5th graders.  We never got in the games too much . . . just the end of blowouts for a play or two.  I never missed a practice, though.  We practiced at Fenwick Park.  Down in the valley below the Hilton Davis Chemical plant.  I lived through it and loved it.  The players and cheerleaders had a banquet in the school hall at the end of the year with our parents..  Only 7th and 8th grade girls were cheerleaders.  Everyone got a little plastic gold cup on a black plastic base.  I kept it for years. 

:-)

No comments: