RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/09/2012

SPACE

Something is bothering me about our use of space.  Not space like outer space but space like what we have in our house.  To the point, it bothers me how we use the space in our kitchen cabinets. 

Until I retired and, evidently, took on the job of emptying the dish washer, I never gave this a lot of thought.  Now, I have so much time to think and (so little to think about?) I'm looking at things from a different perspective. 

Okay, I'll get to the point.  Not everything we use will fit in our cabinets.  Why is that?  There's only two of us.  I'm sure more cabinets would just mean more stuff.

The big bowls only fit on their shelves if you put them one particular way.  Every time I put one away, I have to get them all out and try to remember the proper order.  It's like doing a Rubik's Cube puzzle. 

We have so many plastic storage containers of different shapes and sizes and a different lid for each that, unless we have a bunch of leftovers in the fridge, they can't fit onto their shelf without smashing them. 

We have so many sets of glasses on shelves - wine glasses, wine glasses without stems, juice glasses, water glasses, mixed drink glasses, specialty glasses for the Reds and Bengals, plastic cups for kids - I have to drink a glass of wine sometimes just to fit them all in.

Why does it have to be this way?  Being retired, I shouldn't have to fret over things like this.  I need to make my life worry-free.  We need paper bowls and paper cups to go with our paper plates.  I'm going to look into that.
:-)

No comments: