RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

3/29/2013

REUNIONS

I attended another reunion of sorts, yesterday.  Some of the guys from the baseball teams I played on in 1960 and 1961 met at Quatman Cafe in Norwood for beer, burgers and memories.  Most of us played together before that on other teams.

We had old team pictures, score books and team statistics from that era.  Two of our assistant coaches were there.  Our manager, Larry Devanney died many years ago at a young age.  At least four of our teammates have passed away.

I've always been reluctant to attend reunions.  The last from high school I attended was our 25th which was 25 years ago.  Now, I don't miss a reunion of any kind.  Take my advise - if you have a chance to meet with people from the past - do it.  Its good for the soul.
(-.-)

No comments: