RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/07/2013

DOMESTIQUE

I became very domestic, yesterday.  Did I ever mention that I'm cheap? 

I have this pair of athletic shorts that I'd like to wear every day if I could.  They are some twenty years old.  Such soft material, I just don't want to give them up.  Five or six years ago the drawstring broke and couldn't be fixed.  They have an elastic band but the draw string really held them up. 

Because I couldn't hold them up, these shorts have been relegated to "night wear" for some time.  I wear them around the house but have to constantly hold them up when I walk. 

Yes, I know.  I could have found another pair in the store but they just wouldn't be the same.  Well, I got the idea I could fix them. 

I took a scissors and cut a V-shape out of the front.  Cut them from pocket to pocket down to the crotch and sewed them back by hand. 

It worked!  Perfect!  I couldn't be more proud.  My wife couldn't have laughed harder.


'o.o'


No comments: