RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/16/2013

ADS

I spend a lot of time in front of the TV and some of that is spent avoiding advertisements.  As much as I hate them, I must admit some are very good.  What the manufacturers use as their trademark and product endorsers fascinates me.

The babies that talk are especially good.  Its amazing what they can do with modern photographic technology.  None are more amazing than the slick commercials with the Geico gecko and the AFLAC duck.
 
The Pillsbury Doughboy goes back to the 1960's and is still in use.  I guess it works.  I'm not sure if a little fat guy is the best way to sell food products in today's market.

The oldest product endorser I remember is Tony the Tiger.  He dates back to the early 1950's and is still used today.  Tony sold an awful lot of Frosted Flakes over the years.  

Now for the kicker.  The Michelin Man goes back to 1894.  The Michelin brothers, bicycle tire manufacturers, introduced him at an international trade show in Lyon, France.

o.o

No comments: