RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/24/2013

RABBIT WARS

You might recall how I've had squirrel wars through many Winters while they insist on eating my bird food.  Well, an impetuous female rabbit recently decided to make her home up and under one of my new plants in front of the house.  Of course, I noticed this and had a good talk with her.  She actually stood still and listened as I warned her not to mess with my garden.

I thought she took the hint when I removed the grass she had deposited in the hole she had dug.  I replaced the dirt and re-covered the area with mulch.  She returned a time or two but I was sure I got my message across -  no more digging was apparent.

Well, two weeks past and this is what I found.


  The rabbit population has increased.  I lost the war.

o.o

No comments: