RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/04/2013

MORE PICTURES

I always loved and was fascinated by photography.  About 30 years ago, I purchased a very good Canon 35 mm camera set with interchangeable lenses, flash, filters, mini-tripod, camera case, etc.  I took a lot of pictures and slides in the 1980's and 90's. Now, my kit sits in a closet and rusts.

Today, we are in the AGE of  PICTURES.  Amazing!  The proliferation of cell phones means almost everyone carries a camera at all times.  Pictures are taken and shared immediately.  You can have a picture on the Internet for the world to see in seconds. Who would have thought?

Now, Polaroid and Kodak are gone and my slides and pictures sit in a hope chest for no one to see. Albums are no longer being filled.  Film processors who were once so much in demand that they built kiosks in parking lots to satisfy customers are history.  I'm sure Walgreen and CVS stores are replacing camera/film departments with something else.

I would never have guessed this would all happen in my lifetime.
o.o

No comments: