RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/28/2015

LIFESTYLES

Have you noticed that LGBT has turned into LGBTQIA?  Holy smoke!  Could we be more inclusive?

I was just getting LGBT in my head and now this.  Yes, we've got the lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders covered.  The first three have to do with attraction including love and lust for the same sex and both.  The transgenders are a physical thing - that is one's gender doesn't match the God-given equipment.  I got all that - see Bruce Jenner.

Now comes QIA.  We've added queers, intersexuals and asexuals.  The queer moniker takes in all those who don't fit into another category but are definitely different - just let your mind wonder on that one.  I'm told, some people actually like being called queer.  Intersexual is a physical description that means one does not fit solely into what we expect of a male or a female - maybe some parts of each are present.  Finally, asexual indicates one does not have an attraction for either male or female - people, I presume.

Now you've got it.  Don't forget it.  When you hear it again, act like you know what it's all about.

To answer my first question - could we be more inclusive? - I'm afraid we could.  I expect more letters to be added in the years to come.

0.0

No comments: