RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/30/2015

SOFTBALL

We were back at near full strength last night and it was our turn for a double-header again.  I was hoping for rain but it didn't come and the night was perfect for a ball game.  I had my usual 4-mile walk in the morning and then spent the afternoon putting down mulch.  That is a tough chore for a 70-year-old back but I gritted it out.

In the first game, I didn't play in the field and was just 1 for 2.  We won 12-10 or something like that.  In the second game, we totally ran out of gas and got our ears beaten in.  I caught the whole game but didn't have a hit and to make things worse, I had to run twice for Mark Trice.  Good for Mark - bad for me.

Afterwards, a big group went to Campioni's for beer and pizza.  That turned into corn hole on the patio.  No one was worrying if we won or lost at that point.

o.o

No comments: