RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/31/2015

WHEN I WAS A KID

When I was a kid in the 1940's and 50's, we had a semi-regular visitor to our house.  It was the Fuller Brush man. He was a door-to-door salesman.

He carried a case (like a suitcase), almost too heavy for him to handle, that was full of household products. (Immediately, you felt sorry for him carrying that big case.)  Mostly kitchen and bath cleaning products filled his case but he also had a book from which you could order things too heavy for his bag.  He would show you all his products and neat gadgets right at the front door.  My mother would never let him in - people might talk.

I was surprised to find out that the Fuller Brush Company is still in business.  I doubt you'll ever see one of their salesmen at your door.  That type of selling is lost in a previous generation.
o.o

No comments: