RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/19/2015

AGE

Age is just a number - and other foolishness.

I never worry too much about my age except every time I think about it.  My age especially hits me when I think about my idols and other famous people.

You see, I remember the first time I realized that most major league baseball players were about my age (I was in my twenties).  Then again it hit me in my thirties that I was as old as the oldest NFL football players and older than most.  The same thoughts hit me in basketball season.  Eventually, I realized I was older than ALL the players.  Yuck!  Years past and I realized I was older than most of the coaches.  Yuck! Yuck!

It really hurts the first time you realize that you're older than the President.  Holy shit! that just couldn't be. The other night I watched the Republican presidential debate and it struck me that I'm older than all those pols.

Of course those aren't the only times I think about my age.   It perks up my brain when I hear someone has died who is younger than me.  It really kills me when they say they died of "natural causes."  Is it 'natural' that people my age are dead?  OMG!
^o^

No comments: