RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/22/2015

THE NEXT BEST THING

I have an idea!!!  I think this is something a manufacturer could do without much trouble.  The world can send me the royalty checks if this is adopted.

This is the way I understand the technology.  A cell phone is a little radio.  To make a call, it sends out a signal that is picked up by a repeater on the closest tower and is then directed to another phone specified by the telephone number.  Every phone in the world is kept track of by every tower in the world.

Here comes my idea.  I think it should be easy to put a switch on a phone that would cause a call to be directed toward ALL local cell phones.  Only those that have their 'switch' in the "all call" position - a citizens band (CB) of sorts - would receive your call.  Your phone would become a CB radio if you wanted it to be.  No one would be forced to use it - but I think many would.  In an emergency, it could be a lifesaver.  It would be a huge safety factor for everyone.  Law enforcement would always monitor the nearest  towers. Your call would send out a GPS locator signal with each call.  Penalties would be applied to those that abused the system.

What do you think?  Will it work?  Should I be paid a billion for the idea?  Thanks, I think so too.
^O^

No comments: