RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/07/2016

SOFTBALL

That's right.  Another season has begun.  It's about my 40th playing in this neighborhood.  I played a half dozen or so in the 1960's with Quatman Cafe.

We played a new team in the league last night and beat them 13-11.  Yes, by only two runs but it seemed like we had it in the bag the whole way.  I only got to bat twice and acquitted myself poorly with two ground outs - one a double play.  I did pitch three innings and didn't embarrass myself there.

We have a new sponsor this year.  Andy Schuh's Thumbs Up Construction picked up the tab for our entry fee and new shirts and hats.  Awesome.  He's the one that poured the concrete for my front walk.

The players are the same - except we have one additional Schuh, if you can believe that.  Tim's son, Henry, is getting ready to graduate from high school and is on the squad.   He hit the ball really well last night.

No one got hurt.  It was a good night.
*o*


No comments: