RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/22/2016

FLIES

Yesterday was the first day of Summer and last night I saw my first lightning bug of the year . . .  lots of lightning bugs.  I guess they all just waited until Summer to pop out.  Some people call them fire flies.  I think that is an insult.  Flies are disgusting - lightning bugs are awesome.  They fly around all night flashing their tails - trying to attract a partner . . . my yard is kinda like a night club or a dating service.  Lightning bugs are a lot like people.  It's hard to sleep thinking about what's going on out there.

Donald Trump has fired his campaign manager.  It was also disclosed yesterday that DJT had just $1.3 million of campaign money in the bank as of June 1st while HRC had $48 million.  Before the day was over, it was suggested that the campaign manager was ousted because Ivanka (his 'fashion plate' daughter) wanted it to happen - something to do with him spreading dirt about her spouse . . . already we have palace intrigue.    Tomorrow they will try to 'trump' that.

My friends, John and Joyce, are in Las Vegas this week.  They are habitual small-time gamblers.  I asked him before he left what they were going to do besides gamble.  He told me they like to lay around the pool all day. "Sin City" set an all-time record yesterday - 112 degrees F in the shade.  I doubt what happens this week in Vegas will stay in Vegas.   Next, they have reservations for a week  in Daytona Beach in July.   I think their travel agent found a couple of suckers.

The Reds played the Texas Rangers team from the American League last night.  Texas has the best record in the league.  On top of that, the Rangers used their best pitcher who was undefeated.  You guessed it - the Reds won and won easily.  Our new young pitchers are starting to get their feet under them.  Wait 'til next year.

*o*






No comments: