RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/21/2016

WHEN I WAS A KID

When I was a kid we had neighbors, across the street and up a house or two, that had five boys.  They were the Werlings.  The second youngest, Timothy, was my age.

Tim and I played a lot together in our pre-school ages.  He would come across the street and start yelling "Oh, Pat" before he ever got to our house.  It drove my mother crazy.  He was 'held back' in the second or third grade and that was the end of our close friendship.

Their dad was a roofer.  Eventually, the older sons helped him.  One or more of the boys is still in the roofing business.

Those boys were startling to me.  They did boy things that I wasn't allowed to do.  They had B-B guns, worked on mechanical things, built a soap box derby car, went fishing, lit farts out of each other's butt.  I envied them.

I suppose, growing up with four brothers instead of two sisters would have totally change my life.  Of course, every little thing can change our lives.
(o).(o)


No comments: