RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/09/2016

INTERFAITH WISDOM

"In this quiet hour of worship, I reflect upon the meaning of life.  I cherish a vision of my highest self, a dream of what I could and should become.  May I pursue this vision and labor to make real my dreams.

An artist, in the course of painting, will pause, lay aside his brush, step back from the canvas, and consider what needs to be done, what direction is to be taken.  So does each of us pause to reflect.  As I hope to make my life a work of art, so may this hour of worship help me to turn back to the canvas of life to paint the portrait of my highest self.

May my efforts to grow in moral stature bring me the joy of achievement.  And may I always hold before my eyes the vision of perfection we call by the name of God, and grow toward the Source of all goodness."

--from the Union Prayer Book
(published by the Central Conference of American Rabbis for use by Reform Jews)

O_O

No comments: