RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/27/2016

SNOW

I did a search on my own blog for "first snow" and here is what I came up with.


12/14/2007
Its that time of year again. We've had our first snow. Its time to feed the wild birds. Its also time to chase the dang squirrels away from the feeder. I don't like to admit it but, last year, the squirrels won the war. 

12/4/2010
The white death is coming. Our first snow accumulation of the season. I can't wait. Winter is only 17 days away.

12/10/2011 
In my grandfather's diary, he noted "the first snow of winter" on this date in 1933 and "heavy snow" the next day.  Smile!

1/2/2012
The second day of the year looks like the first day of Winter.  We are getting the first real snow of the season.  I don't think it has much of a chance to accumulate but we will see.  If its going to snow, let it snow up to our knees.

11/13/2013
We actually got some snow yesterday.  Last year we got a dusting on October 30th which was kicked in by Hurricane Sandy.  After that, we never had another snow until after the first of the year.  What we have on the ground now isn't much but it is pretty.  Maybe this will be a big 'snow year'.  I hope so, I haven't been sled riding since 'I can't remember when'.

2015
For the record, on Thursday morning, December 2, there was a hint of snow on all the roofs in our neighborhood.  It marks the first snow of the season.  Last year we had a heavy snow storm on November 20. 
O_O

No comments: