RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

1/23/2017

JANUARY 23

On this date in 1968, the first group of inductees was installed in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  The Hall is located in Cleveland Ohio on ground next to the lake near where the old stadium stood.  (I was intoxicated on that location more than once.)

The first to go into the hall were:  Elvis Presley, Little Richard, James Brown, Ray Charles, Fats Domino, the Everly Brothers, Sam Cooke, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Buddy Holly.  10 of the best.

Now, if only we could all agree on what rock and roll is.  However you describe it, it was born in the 1950's when I was young and impressionable.    Born in the 50's, nurtured in the 60's, matured in the 70's and mastered in the 80's.  After that, I'm not sure where it went.

All I know is "I Love Rock and Roll."
😱

No comments: