RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

2/18/2017

SUNDAY SERVICE

This weekend, another leading up to the Lenten season, the readings heard at Catholic Mass will again address sin.  These readings can be summed up in the old standby advise, "turn the other cheek".

(My mind is immediately brought to our President when I think about turning the other cheek.  He certainly doesn't believe in it.  I find it repulsive that he thinks it is necessary to strike back at anyone who disagrees with him the slightest little bit.)   Oops! I got off the track.

It's a hard thing to do, but if you can, you will find it empowering.  What a great feeling to know you could have put someone down but didn't . . . that, by societal norms, you could have struck back, but didn't.

The most powerful lines in this gospel go something like this;  "The old law said love your neighbor and hate your enemy.  I say love your neighbor and your enemy."  I know.  I know.  Just try.
😈


No comments: