RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

2/24/2017

WHEN I WAS A KID

When I was a kid, many men, especially old men, smoked a pipe.   My grandfather did.  My father-in-law did.  I even did for a year or so in the 1970's.  Now, there's not a vestige of the old habit.

Albert Einstein was a pipe smoker.  Carey Grant was too. Astronaut "Buzz" Aldrin liked his pipe. Reds' manager Sparky Anderson lit up his pipe after games.  Nowadays, I couldn't tell you one person who smokes one.

I know that smoking is almost taboo now but, gee, where have all the pipe smokers gone?  You don't have to inhale while smoking a pipe.  The smell of pipe tobacco burning can be much more pleasant that cigarette or cigar smoke.  Millennials don't know what they're missing.

Wait a minute.  There is a lot of pipe smoking going on.  I see it in movies or on the news.  Strange sweet smell made by green weeds or white rocks or powder.  How times have changed.
😒

No comments: