RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

2/14/2018

INTERFAITH WISDOM

Today begins Lent in the Christian calendar.  Forty days, plus Sundays, ending with the passion, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter.  Lent is not a celebration as much as a time of reparation and preparation. 

Saint Ephrem the Syrian, a 4th century deacon, teacher and writer, is especially venerated by the Greek Orthodox Church which is part of the Eastern Orthodox Church of Christianity.   Here is the Lenten Prayer of St. Ephrem the Syrian.

O Lord and Master of my life!

Take from me the spirit of sloth,
faint-heartedness, lust for power, and idle talk.

But give rather the spirit of chastity,
humility, patience and love to Thy servant.

Yea, Lord and King!  Grant me to see my own errors,
and not to judge my brother,
for Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.  Amen

 🙏

No comments: