RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/11/2018

WEEKEND CATHOLIC LITURGY

This weekend we're talking about food.  Food is a necessity of life and it is one of those things in which I overindulge.  To be a healthy person, one has to eat the right things in the right amount.  I do neither. This past week I've had pizza twice, spaghetti and meat sauce, fried chicken, a dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies, a half dozen ice cream bars, a couple of toaster waffles  . . . I wont bore you - I'm a bad eater. 

I keep telling myself I'm going to improve but I keep failing.  That's right, I'm only human.  If you have your eating under control, I envy you.  Keep it that way.  The older you are, the harder it gets - I guess that's true.  In any case, that's my story. 

If we were body only, that would be the whole story.  We are not.  We are body and soul.  Jesus is bread for the soul.  The very best idea is to consume Him.  You can do that at church or, at least, in the privacy of your personal thoughts.  Talk to Him.  It is good for the soul.
🕈

No comments: