RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/24/2018

WONDER NO MORE

I wonder at the wonderful; I marvel at the marvelous; I fabul at the fabulous.

Speaking of wonderful, marvelous and fabulous things, how about the Seven Wonders of the World.
I haven't heard much about them recently.  We often talked about the original ones when I was in elementary school.  Those are now called the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.  They were: 
1) the Great Pyramid of Giza  2) the Hanging Gardens of Babylon  3) the Colossus of Rhodes  4) the Lighthouse of Alexandria  5) the Temple of Artemis  6) the Statue of Zeus at Olympia  7) the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus

The only one of these still remaining intact is the Great Pyramid.  The pyramids were built by Egyptians, the Gardens by Babylonians and all the rest by the Greeks.  Maybe the Greeks were the ones in charge of naming the Wonders - I don't know.

All these "wonder things" are just someone's opinion.  The Seven Wonders of the Modern World are also up for discussion.  Here are the ones included on most current lists:  1) the Great Wall of China  2) the Colosseum in Rome  3) the Taj Mahal in India  4) the Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio  5) Machu Picchu in Peru  6) Chichen Itza in Mexico  7) the City of Petra in Jordan.

I'm stopping now so that you can start googling the ones you never heard of.  I'm working on my own list for next week.
😀😕😏😕

No comments: