RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/11/2018

LOOK; UP IN THE SKY!

I'm no astronomer.  I know very little about the cosmos except that it's big and beautiful.  I really do appreciate the beauty of the universe. 

I must also admit that I don't understand but greatly admire the pictures I see.  Last week, David Feherty interviewed professional golfer Jimmy Walker on his TV show.  Walker's hobby is astrophotography.  He has all the equipment necessary (and it is extensive) for pictures of the night sky; planets, stars, celestial events and significant space junk.  It is a whole lot different than snapping a picture with your phone.  He has become very good at his craft.  His pictures can be seen on his website: darkskywalker.com   They are gorgeous!  He is so good that NASA uses his photographs at times on their website for the "astronomy picture of the day": apod.nasa.gov   Check out these two websites and admire the beauty of the cosmos. 

No comments: