RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/13/2018

GIVE ME SOME SPACE

Here is an interesting phenomena that planetary scientists have been discussing for the past several years.  The definition of a planet (like Earth) is a celestial body moving in an elliptical orbit around a star (like the Sun). 

A few years ago, some wise sky watcher found some big planet-like rocks free floating is space between galaxies.  They weren't orbiting any star.  They were rogue planets or free-floating planets.  Years ago, we never thought this could happen.  But now we know it can. 

All it proves to me (as little as I know), is just how little we really know about the Universe.  There seems to be so much to discover. 

It's all out there for a reason.  I don't believe there are human-like beings on other planets.  I do believe that the human race is destined to inhabit the Universe.  How far out is that?   A long, long time to be sure, but, that's what I think. 

Picture how far we have come in 2,000 years.  The Earth was flat and the Sun circled the Earth.  Now, try to imagine the world in 20,000 years.  It's beyond me but I think it will happen.  In 20,000 years someone might read my blog and say this caveman was a genius.  I like it.
⭐🌙🌞

No comments: