RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

2/20/2019

INTERFAITH WISDOM

Today I copy an entry of mine from 2017 that touches me - I hope it does you. 
.

Today we borrow from the Alcoholics Anonymous handbook; they call it the Big Book.  In it you will find the third step prayer.  I copy it here because the prayer suits us all - we are all suffering from some self-imposed disability.  It was written in 1938 by Bill W (Wilson) and published in 1939 shortly after the organization was formed by he and Dr. Bob Smith.

God - I offer myself to thee - to build with me and to do with me as thou wilt.  Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will.  Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love and Thy Way of Life.  May I do Thy will always. 

🕇✡☪ 

No comments: