RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

3/02/2019

THE WORD THIS WEEKEND

This weekend is the last before Lent begins.  I read a dangerous message - so I offer a warning:
One for all of us and another just for me.

Both in Sirach's Old Testament passage and Luke's Gospel message, we are told, in effect, "if we are good, we will produce good; if we are evil, we will produce evil."   The trap here is thinking we are so good.  The older we get, the less things we consider bad.  It is an easy trap to fall into.  Since almost nothing seems sinful, we must be almost sin-free. . . probably not. Guard against this.  Don't beat yourself up but be honest with your self. 

As for me, Luke quotes Jesus, again, in so many words, saying, "Clear the wood out of your eye before you start looking for the splinters in other people's eyes."  I know what that means.  I try to not be self-righteous.  I am a sinner.
🕇


No comments: