RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/10/2019

SELF

I think we are born selfish.  All babies think about are their own needs. 

"I am hungry!"  "I am wet!"  "I am dirty!"  "I have a pain!"  "I am afraid!"  "I am sleepy!"  "I want to be held!"  "I want to be rocked!"   "I'm bored."  It is a constant search for what makes them happy. 

For a person to move from that type of existence to one that cares about other people and what other people think and what other people need happens through childhood.  It is a time to learn the parameters of social living.  I think this happens mostly by example.  Giving, caring parents will likely have giving, caring children.  Selfish parents will have selfish children. 

Of course, for some people it takes adolescence to reach this caring and giving stage.  For other people, not even adulthood seems to get them there.  I have no idea what we can do with these people except ignore them and get them out of your life. 

I do know this;  if everyone cared about everyone else, the world would be a better place.  Teach your children to care - care for others - especially those most in need.   Those most in need are the very young, the very old, the very sick, the very poor and the very sad.

Image result for care clipart

No comments: