RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/29/2019

THE BRAIN

What a wondrous organ, the human brain. It works all our lives but it only knows what we teach it.  Think about that - it learns. 

It thinks.  It feels.  It makes sense of our senses.  It controls our body functions 24/7.  The brain gives us pleasure and pain; love and hate; bright ideas and bummers; glimpses of the future and memories of the past.  It's what the 'straw man' was missing.

There are just three main parts to our brain; the cerebrum, the cerebellum, and the brainstem.  The brainstem connects the cerebrum and the cerebellum to the spinal cord which conducts nerves throughout the body.  The brain is the commander-in-chief of our nervous system.  All nerves lead here.  The cerebellum controls our limbs and their coordination.  The cerebrum is the large main part of the brain which is divided into left and right sections -  left controlling the right side of the body and right the left side.  We'll not go any deeper than this for now.

I got to thinking about the brain real seriously while playing golf last week. To be a good golfer, I'm sure you need to have pretty good control of your brain.  Obviously, I don't.  Some of this brain control seems to be out of my control.  Pain!  I've had back pain for almost two years - I associate it with the twisting that goes on while I play golf.  Great brain that I have - it does everything it can to make me avoid pain.

So, there you have it.  I have a perfect excuse for golfing as poorly or, at least, erratically as I do.  My brain is always trying to change my golf swing - while I'm swinging.   If I can't get rid of the back pain, I'm going to try hypnotism -  that would be my way of getting back at my brain.
 Image result for brain free clipart
Happy birthday, Joseph.

No comments: