RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/22/2020

MIDWEEK PRAYER

I'll begin with a note about prayer.  Basically, it is talking to God.  Your prayer to anyone but God can only be to ask them to pray to God for you - no problem there.  

Think about what you say to God.  Think what prayer is for you.  Are you always asking for help or a favor?  Is the favor always for relief or protection from physical problems?  Keep in mind that you are body and spirit (soul).  It does you no good to be physically healthy and spiritually sick - that is very short-term.  Look farther ahead.  When you pray for me, pray for my soul - my body is not as important.

Dear God,
Forgive me my sins.  Help me to be a better person.
I am determined that all I do and say today is done with love.  
Please heal and protect my family and friends from injury and illness 
but moreover, I pray that we all see You in the world this day
and move closer to You.  
Amen
🕆

No comments: