RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/23/2020

MIDWEEK PRAYER

 This week instead of one of my feeble attempts at prayer writing, I'm giving you one of my favorite passages in all of scripture.  Paul's 1st letter to the Corinthians, chapter 13 is a masterpiece.  I am taking the liberty of paraphrasing it in my personal vernacular.


Even if I could speak in tongues, but do not have love, I am but a discordant sound.  Even if I could prophecy and understand all the mysteries and possess limitless knowledge and have faith enough to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.  Even if I gave away all I own but do not have love, I have gained nothing.

Love is patient.  Love is kind.  It is not jealous.  It is not pompous.  It is not rude.  It does not seek it's own reward.  It is not quick-tempered.  It does not brood when offended.  It does not rejoice in other's problems.  In all things, love is truth.  It bears all things, trusts, hopes and endures all things.  Love never fails.

. . . and the greatest of these is Love.

Beautiful!

Love God and love one another.

💕




No comments: