RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/17/2022

OLD AGE

 True story:

A friend called me this morning very early.  He had called last night while I was out to dinner with a group.  He said he would be in town today, (he lives near Lake Cumberland) and would like to meet for lunch.  I agreed and he said he would call when he got to town.

Well, he wasn't in town when he called - he called to say his plans had changed and he wouldn't be here.  For some reason, he told me that he falls a lot; that he had two rods in his back and a steel plate in his neck.  I sympathized with him and as I was saying goodbye, I quipped, don't fall any more.  He said, "Why don't you want me to call you? "  I explained that I didn't say call but "fall".  He said, "Oh, I don't hear that well any more.  When I fell off the roof of a house I was inspecting, I lost both of my hearing aids and I've never replaced them.  

We do have our problems.


No comments: