RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/21/2022

QUOTES

 I'm finding this chase to find quotations of famous individuals most satisfying.  Today, I'll focus on Sir Isaac Newton.  Mr. Newton was the chap who sat under an apple tree and was lucky enough to have a ripe one fall on his head.  Do you believe that story?  Haha.

Newton lived for 85 years from the middle of the 17th century to 1727,  He was an Englishman who specialized in physics, math, and astronomy to name a few.  He also considered himself a theologian and natural philosopher.  Most famously, he is credited with discovering/describing/naming what we call the laws of gravitation.  He makes our scales work - blame your weight on him.  

Here are a few gems from his mind.

" I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea shore and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay undiscovered before me."

"Truth is ever to be found in simplicity and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things."

"Every body is continues in its state of rest or of uniform motion in a right line, unless it is compelled to change by forces impressed upon it."

"To every action there is opposed an equal reaction."

"Godliness consists in the knowledge of love and worship of God, humanity in love, righteousness and good offices toward men." 

He wrote a lot on a lot of subjects.  Good man.  
🍎

No comments: