RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/25/2022

THIS N THAT

 Ever see something out of the corner of your eye and wonder where it went when you turned your head?  Well, that's only natural for us.  It seems our peripheral vision processes what you see more quickly than what is right in front of you, albeit, at a lower resolution.  The next time I look at you askance, I may be studying you more earnestly than ever.
👀

I have a short upper body weightlifting routine that I undertake two or three time per week.  It only takes me 40 minutes or so; you can watch me at the Mason Community Center.  I added it up and I lift, push or pull over 20,000 lbs in that short time.  Sounds like a lot, doesn't it?
🏋

"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth."  So said Albert Einstein
😎

The model for our Statue of Liberty was Isabelle Boyer.  The beautiful French woman was once married to Isaac Merritt Singer (the sewing machine man) and later to a Duke of Luxembourg. 
🗽

Amar Bharati is a Hindu Sadhu (monk) who raised his right hand in 1973 and hasn't brought it down since.  Not once in over 49 years.  He left his family and friends to become a Sadhu.  He sees it as a devotion to Lord Shiva, a Hindu god, with the goal of universal peace. 




No comments: