RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/07/2022

MIDWEEK PRAYER

 For the second week in a row, I go to the Bible for a prayer.  This time to the short prayer of repentance called The Prayer of Manasseh.  You may not have heard of it.  I hope you have a bible handy.  Look it up; it is a gem.  Here are some selected lines - there are only 15 in the whole book.


Lord Almighty, God of our fathers, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, God of their righteous descendants, you created the universe and all the splendor that fills it. . . .Your glorious splendor is overwhelming and your anger is more than sinners can endure. . . . O Lord, in your great goodness and mercy you promise forgiveness and salvation to those who repent of their sin against you. . . . I have sinned, Lord, I have sinned:  I confess the wicked things I have done.  I beg you, Lord, I earnestly pray; forgive me, forgive me. . . . Show me all your mercy and kindness and save me, even though I do not deserve it.  Then I will go on praising you as long as I live.  All the heavenly powers sing your praises and your glory endures forever. Amen.

🕆

No comments: