RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/12/2023

MY TWISTED MIND

 One of my huge faults that I wish I could overcome, is not allowing others to be wrong.  Why I can't keep my mouth shut sometimes, is beyond me.  No matter how I try, things just pop out of my mouth if I think someone says something that is incorrect, inaccurate, imprecise or just plain stupid.  I can't help myself.

Here's how bad it is.  Every time I hear a person or announcer refer to the infield at a baseball game as the diamond, I shudder.  The baseball diamond!??  Don't they know that the lines between the bases and between home plate and the bases form 90 degree angles?  How could you miss that?  

Yes, the shape of a diamond is four-sided but the angles cannot be 90 degrees. Don't they know that a diamond has two obtuse angles while two are acute (like me)?   Those four-sided right-angled figures are called squares.  The kids are really playing on a baseball square.  Am I the only one that knows that?  Am I the only one that is bothered by that?  No wonder our kids have so much trouble comprehending plain geometry.  

Lord, give my brain "rest".

No comments: