RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/11/2023

SONDAY

 It's the Lord's day.  Whatcha gonna do 2day?  I'm going to gripe!

If you're into tech stuff at all, read texts from young people, scan Twitter or responses on Instagram, Tik Tok or the like, then you have seen modern short form writing that young people use.  I'm not opposed to that.  If it works and you communicate, do it as quickly and easily as possible.  Here's what I'm po'd abt today.  

We went to dinner at TGI Fridays last Thursday and there, on their doors and in ads on each table, was their current push for one of their products;  big hamburgers.  In the first place, I never quite liked TGIF for using God's name in vain but it wasn't so bad if you used the word Goodness.  The latest ads do have me disturbed.  

Of course, I pointed out the ads to the two guys joining me for dinner and neither knew what the ad meant.  I explained it to them and they were shocked.  What have we degraded ourselves to?  If you don't know what it means, ask a teenager.  




No comments: