RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/09/2023

PRAYER

 Not all habits are bad.  In fact, you hopefully have many more good habits than bad.  Here's one you can try.  It's a way to begin your day.  No, I don't think this is gruesome.

When you wake up tomorrow morning, (for today you can do it now) say to yourself, "I could die today."

You heard me, "I could die today."  You could, you know.  Maybe it would have a positive effect on what you do or the plans you make.   

You could do this every day.  

We all heard stories or seen movies about people who know they are about to die or, at least, have a short time to live.  It changes them - almost always for the better.  

Somewhere before or after that little habit, interject, "I thank you, Lord, for yesterday, all my yesterdays and the day to come."   It's good to be polite and say, "Thanks."  

No comments: