RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/27/2023

LUCK

 Yesterday, on the walk down my driveway to retrieve the garbage cans, I found a penny.  Remembering, that it would bring you good luck to throw it away, I threw it into the street.

I then drove to the Kroger store for prescriptions and food and found a quarter in the parking lot.  

I tell you this so that you can come to my street and look for that lucky penny I threw away.  Get it before someone else does.

Now, are you one that believes in this kind of malarkey?  

You may be interested to learn that "malarkey" was a runner-up 'word of the year' as designated by Merriam Webster for the year 2020.  Pandemic beat it out as the 'new' most used word.  Malarkey was used often to describe the pandemic and the politicians that promoted or dissed it.  

Throw those pennies away!!!

No comments: