RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/14/2023

MEMORIES

 I read this on X today and it jogged a vivid memory.  

"It wasn't an authentic 70s swing set if one of the legs wasn't popping out of the ground in a concerning fashion once somebody really got going on [it]."

Oh yeah!  We had one like that.  I set it up when we moved to our home in West Chester.  My kids were about 8, 6, 5, and 1.  It had a spike and chain attached to each metal leg that was supposed to keep those pipes in place - no way, that just didn't work.  I sweated many hours trying to figure out a way to make it safe, but couldn't get it done.  Of course, my kids survived without any great calamities. 

A few years later, my son did suffer a fractured arm on someone's swing-set - not sure if it was ours.  Ours looked something like this.  



No comments: